Friday, October 31, 2008

Mangum Family Night

My family gets together on the last Sunday of every month for family dinner and a lesson. We always rotate who's incharge of dinner and who's incharge of the lesson. This last Sunday Josh and Jody were in charge of the dinner, and Shannon and Jesse were in charge of the lesson. There are a few families that do so well with the lesson... Jeremy and Rachel, and Shannon and Jesse... and this past one did not dissappoint! First of all we made homemade pizzas for dinner. They were soooo yummy! I usually don't like homemade pizza that much cause the dough always turns out kinda mushy and yucky, but this time.... YUM! It turned out great. The lesson was totally fun.... Shannon/Jesse do such a fun job. They had a makeshift bean bag toss (the board was literally made out of a cut up box and the bean bag was a sock wrapped up in a ball with a rubber band around it) and around each circle was a number (1 thru 13). We broke up into teams (mostly by family) and each member would take turns tossing the bean bag in and whichever number we threw it into we had to recite that article of faith. It ended up being such a blast. I was surprised how many of the article of faith songs Jennifer and I remembered from listening to the tape when we were little. NO, not the ones from the children's songbook, the ones we know are original... from before the childrens' songbook ones were even in the book. So, of course, our versions were a little more upbeat and fun, and therefore were made fun of. It was great! I love lots of laughing!
Rachel made a divine dessert... the best choc cake i've ever had! The funniest part of that was the 3 little boys, Ammon, Troy and Carson, got into the little girls leftovers and got covered in chocolate. It was so cute to watch them. Then we threw all three of them in my mom's bathtub for clean up. Ammon and Carson loved it, but Troy wasn't so keen on the idea! :) It was a really wonderful night. I love family dinners!!
Thanks Jen, for letting me steal these pics off your blog!

Jesse rolling out his pizza dough

Shannon introducing the lesson
Ammon making his shot count! Emma's underhand perfection
Me, winding up for the pitch (yes, I made it in on the first throw)
Rachel's divine dessert!!


I had to put this in here, cause Ammon looks so handsome in his sunday clothes!


Carson, Troy, and Ammon discovering and enjoying the leftovers!!

The three muskateers loving the swimming pool bathtub!

4 comments:

Audra Findlay said...

Looks like so much fun!!

becbloggin said...

what a great family who produce awesome in-laws and friends :)

Katrina said...

I love the bean bag toss idea. We are going to have to try it at FHE!

Allison said...

Having a joint family home evening looks like fun! Plus, it probably encourages a real lesson once in a while.
That cake looks like it is straight from a magazine. Yum.
I miss the occasional family dinner.